Monday, April 18, 2011

French Macarons

This is a post I've been meaning to do for quite some time. I actually have let life take over and been terrible about posting! A few months ago my mother and I attempted to make our own french macarons. The first attempt was a huge failure. From what I've read on other blogs this is quite common considering there is so much that can go wrong when trying to make the perfect french macaron. I read all that I could find online and on our second attempt they came out just right! I love how they look and taste. We were planning on making them as favors for my future wedding but now I think that would cause too much stress before the big day so maybe we will just make some for dessert in addition to the cake to look pretty on the table! These were aqua with a lemon buttercream in the middle.




2 comments:

  1. I've been dying for some macarons! ever since eating some pistachio ones in france last summer! and I'm so scared to try them... but these are SOO pretty I might have to. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these macaroons look so beautiful! How did you put the flower on top of that one macaroon? Is it made of icing?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails