Monday, October 11, 2010

The Farmer's Market Cookbook



I recently took this book, The Farmer's Market Cookbook, by Richard Ruben, out from the library and it is not often that I love so many of the recipes in a book that I think I should just buy it and save on all the paper I'm going to use photocopying all the pages! I am constantly looking for recipes that utilize what is in season at my local farmer's market where we primarily buy our produce (most of the year, although where I am now has an indoor winter's farmer's market which is AMAZING!).

Just read some of the Fall recipe titles:
  • Pumpkin Soup 
  • Stuffed Dumpling Squash
  • Pumpkin Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Sauce
  • Smoked Salmon, Roasted Beets, Goat Cheese, and Marinated Red Onions with Citrus Vinaigrette
  • Smoked Trout Salad
  • Sauteed Chilean Sea Bass with Champagne Grapes
  • Ancho Chili-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Fillet (I don't eat meat besides fish but there are are some fabulous meat dishes if you do!)
And those are just a FEW of the FALL not even the rest of the year where there is an even more bountiful array of produce to choose from and the recipes get more elaborate and delicious sounding. There is a lavender ricotta cake that I am dying to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails