I can't believe my little guy is 3 months old today. Nobody was kidding when they told me that time flies even faster when your children are born. I love the stage that he is at right now where he can recognize us and smiles all the time. However, I can't believe I've already forgotten what it was like when he was a teeny tiny newborn, he seems like a different baby altogether! In honor of his 3 month birthday I wanted to do a list of some of the best baby products we either bought or received at our shower.
2. The Baby Bjorn--I love this carrier. It is comfortable and easy to take with you anywhere. I actually have the Moby Wrap as well but I use it far less because I find it harder to put on and he doesn't feel as secure in it. We were fortunate to get a hand-me-down as they can run pretty expensive. If you can find one used I would definitely recommend it! I would rather wear him in this than push him around in a carriage and now he is big enough to look out so he can see the world.
3. Playtex Double Electric Breast Pump--I almost splurged and got the Medela one but even though I read mixed reviews on this one it was one of the cheaper double electric pumps I found. It works great and I have had no problem with it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants an affordable electric pump.
4. Sleep Sheep--This makes several different sounds and it really works. We attached it to the side of his bassinet and we've grown to like the sounds for sleeping ourselves! I prefer the white noise but the ocean sounds are nice too.
5. Swaddles--We have 3 different Kiddopotamus swaddles. We have actually stopped using swaddles recently because he's outgrown the ones we own. However, this was the best thing to get him to sleep as a newborn. We discovered early on that swaddling was a necessity to keep him sleeping for the longest intervals through the night. He would sleep 4 hours at time at only 2 weeks old and then slept 6-8 hours at a month and a half old. We would change him, swaddle him, then feed him, and he was out for a long interval. On the nights that I would try to leave him unswaddled he would be fussy and flail his arms around. Don't underestimate the power of the swaddle!
6. Graco Pack N Play with Newborn Napper--The new and improved Pack N Play has a newborn napper, a changing table, and a bassinet. We put one in our living room and it's a great place to lay him in during the day for a nap where I can still watch him. As he gets older we can take out the napper and the changing table to have a bassinet and then it will turn into a normal Pack N Play. Great investment!