Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Barefoot Contessa book signing

I completely forgot to write about the Ina Garten book signing I went to a couple weeks ago. My mom and I waited in line for 3 hours to get Ina Garten's newest book, barefoot contessa how easy is that? signed. It actually went by very fast and there were way more people behind us in line! Unfortunately, since there are so many people waiting, they rush you through very quickly but we managed to exchange a couple words and I got a picture with her! I'm a huge food nerd and I pretty much only watch The Food Network and Top Chef (my favorite show of all time) on Bravo. Anyway, the cookbook is great, Ina Garten is one of the few TV chefs that everything you make of hers tends to come out good. Her apple crisp is one of the best I've ever had and I've tasted it made by 3 different people and it's delicious every time!

Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That?: Fabulous Recipes & Easy Tips

One of the recipes in this new cookbook is very simple: truffle popcorn. She recommends D'artagnan white truffle butter. I actually bought the black truffle butter by mistake when I made it but it still came out delicious. I despise mushrooms of all kinds but I don't even know that truffles should be classified as mushrooms on the taste scale because they far surpass that. I would definitely recommend this butter to amplify any dish and bring a touch of elegance--even to popcorn!


White Truffle Butter (3 ounce)D'Artagnan Black Truffle Butter - pack of 2

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm going to have to go out and buy some truffle butter too! That sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails