I've been wanting to make these since Baby V was born! We had a hard time trying to get nice stamps of his hands and feet but these clay keepsakes are so much better!
- White clay
- A circular cookie cutter or other object (we actually used a round tupperware)
- Plastic wrap
- A small round tool to cut out ribbon hole (we used a plastic straw)
- Rolling pin
- Rip off a chunk of clay and work between your hands until very pliable
- Roll clay in between layers of plastic wrap with a rolling pin (this prevents clay from sticking to rolling pin) until it reaches about a 1/8" or 1/4" thickness (I found that a little bit thicker made it easier for printing)
- Using cookie cutter, cut out a circle from the clay
- Place clay circle back on plastic wrap and put on hard surface
- Bring baby's hand or foot over clay and press gently but firmly into clay (best done while baby is sleeping!)
- Use straw to pierce smaller hole at top of circle
- Bake per manufacterer's instructions
- Leave plain white or fill in print with paint or paint name and date around outside of print
- Hand on wall or place on shelf and enjoy!